Abe must write because, by doing so, he is able to play god and all the morons receive just retribution.
And because everybody lives up to his (high) expectations and if they do not, they dieeeeeeee.
Conclusively, this will make for a better world.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

My On-off French Affair

For as long as I've known, I've had this obsession with France. Particularly, Paris. Between you and I, I'm quite sure the root of it was Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen's Nickelodeon film "Passport to Paris".

Before I went to Paris for the first time in the Summer just gone, I knew I would love Paris. I even wrote a poem about Paris, a place I'd never been - perhaps that'll be my next post on here. The romanticism associated with the city, coupled with the language just intrigues me so much.


 Last night I went to a preview screening of a French film called The Intouchables ('Untouchables' in English) courtesy of a good friend of mine. All I knew about the film - from skimming over two lines of wikipedia and a glance at the poster - was that it involved a rich white man an a poor black man (who I am absolutely convinced was secretly based on Manchester City footballer/hero Mario Balotelli) somehow coming together. I was sold.

I don't want to give away anything away about the film but it was touching. And it's out in cinema in three days, although I suspect it will not be a wide release so you'll have to be quick if you want to see it.

I've never watched a bad French film. And I so badly want to write a film in French. This of course would require fluency and, perhaps, even spending some time living there to understand the culture, humour, jokes etc. but it's something I think I shall put on my to-do-list-before-I-die (it's a mental one, although it'd be a good idea to write it down, wouldn't it?). BeyoncĂ© supposedly learnt Spanish so she could sing in Spanish - I Am... B'Day had some of the songs in Spanish as bonus tracks. 

But until then, I continue to write in the only language I have absolute confidence in.

Currently listening to: Michael Nyman - The Heart Asks Pleasure First


No comments:

Post a Comment